Summer Camps (2021 Registration Starts Feb 1st)
Ocean Ambassadors staff will continue to ensure that new Ministry of Health rules and guidelines designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections and keep our participants and staff safe and healthy are strictly adhered to.
- We must limit the number of participants enrolled in each camp to 13 to ensure we can conform to recommended physical distancing protocols.
- Participants will be assigned a PFD at the commencement of a course and will use only that PFD for the duration of the course. Participants will be encouraged to take the PFD home at the end of each day.
- To comply with physical distancing protocols and to help participants to stay safely apart, we will use physical reminders including small circles to indicate where participants should stand or sit for opening circles and games, marks on the ground where any lineups may take place and signs reminding participants to wash hands, etc.
- All paddling equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
- You will notice a much-enhanced cleaning and sanitizing program. We will provide details of the cleaning and sanitizing programs for each location as they are finalized.
Please note the following in respect to your current or future bookings:
If the BC Ministry of Health indicates programs are no longer recommended, we will cancel the program, give you a full refund and make every effort to give you at least 14 days cancellation notice before your course date so you have time to make alternative arrangements.
If at any time before your child’s course starts you would like to cancel your booking due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will provide you with a full refund.
Summer 2021 schedule and registration will be posted February 1st, 2021. We really hope to see you in 2021!
What people are saying about Ocean Camps:
“This was the best day ever! The paddleboarding and jumping in was the best. I’m going to tell my family we should use less single-use plastics.”
Grade 7 Student
The sign of a truly impactful learning experience is when students continue to discuss, and take action afterwards. In the past three months since our visit with Ocean Ambassadors, our learners have created prototypes in the Maker lab to share their ideas about how to decrease the presence of micro plastics and connected their learning about evolution and endangerment to ocean ecosystems. The Ocean Ambassador’s well-balanced approach was hands-on, and offered a unique experience of connecting a sense of place through paddling. They demonstrated why we need to care, showed us first-hand how plastics are polluting our waterways and provided concrete ways to share our knowledge with others. This was a field trip that enabled students to engage in the world and feel empowered to share in the action of making a difference.
Grades 6/7 Teacher
“Our students have become ambassadors and are leading workshops for the younger kids at our school. The kids loved the paddle boarding! We had eight classes go through the program and each class had a very different and amazing experience. The Ocean Ambassadors crew were positive, engaging and made the kids feel very important. The kids wanted to learn – they knew that this was important.”
Alison Dixon and Rachel Grudman
“The Ocean Ambassadors program provided an enriching, fun, placed-based educational experience for our grade seven class. The staff engaged our students while educating them about different stewardship practices. The students loved paddle boarding, despite the fact that it was a torrential downpour, they learned that it doesn’t have to be summer for us to play in the ocean! This is a field trip we will do again in the future.”
Amanda Botteselle and Amy Wright