East of Seymour Zero Waste Takeout
A reusable takeout container system is finally here!
The demand for takeout has exploded during the pandemic, and our oceans are paying the price. Ocean Ambassadors has partnered with a local company called Reusables.com to bring a community-wide container and cup-share system to the North Shore to tackle the problem of single-use takeout waste.
Starting October 18th, residents in the East of Seymour community will be able to enjoy their takeout meals and drinks in reusable containers and to-go mugs from Deep Cove, Dollarton Village and Parkgate Village shopping areas. This community will be the first in Canada where all restaurants and cafés offer takeout in reusable containers.
East of Seymour
Zero Waste Takeout Launch Party
FREE COMMUNITY EVENT
Saturday October 16th, 5-7:30pm
Deep Cove on Gallant Ave.
- Free food in reusable containers
- Beer and wine
- Live music
- Short talks on our connection with the ocean and zero waste
- Silent auction
Get your free tickets!
HOW IT WORKS:
Sign up for a membership to Reusables to get unlimited zero waste takeout at all of our favourite local restaurants and cafés!
- Download the Reusables app to start your free 30 day trial! Membership is only $5/month after the first month.
- Order takeout from any participating East of Seymour business via phone, their website, or online delivery platform (e.g., Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes, DoorDash, etc.)
Ordering via delivery platforms:
In the ‘Special Order Notes’ section, specify that you want your takeout in reusable containers and provide your phone number (e.g. "Pack in Reusables. 604-XXX-XXXX").
Ordering via phone, website, or in-person:
Tell the restaurant to "Pack in Reusables" and give them your phone number.
- Enjoy your meal free of single-use packaging!
- Rinse and return your containers using the Reusables App to any participating business within 7 days to avoid late fees.
PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES (more coming soon!)
- Bean Around The World
- Bluhouse Market & Cafe
- Cafe Orso
- Covert Café and Market
- Deepwater Micro Eatery
- Dip Co. Delights
- DJJ’s Wedge
- Honey Doughnuts & Goodies
- InGrain Pastificio
- JJ Bean
- Momiji Japanese Cuisine
- Mt. Seymour
- Scratch Kitchen
- Sapporo Kitchen
- The Local Lift
- The Raven Pub
- United Strangers Coffee