With oceans producing 50% of the oxygen we breathe, take a deep breath and think about Ocean Ambassadors Canada. We are doing everything possible to continue ocean education and exploration programs for our children and youth. We are looking for donors to help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 to support young peoples’ participation in the Ocean Ambassador Youth Leadership Programs. These programs are held within Metro Vancouver and on Vancouver Island, and involve:
- 1000+ young people, aged 13-18, participating in a 12 month leadership program
- Developing a deeper love for the ocean via paddle boarding and beach exploration
- Learning from ocean experts about the impact of global warming and human interaction
- Participating in research projects lead by marine biologists
- Launching sustainability initiatives in their own communities
Many of the young people participating in our Ocean Ambassadors Youth Leadership Programs go on to lead incredible change. They are inspired to educate their families, friends and amazing communities about the importance of ocean sustainability. Many have already taken an active roll in progressing single-use reduction initiatives, as seen in Deep Cove, Horseshoe Bay and Edgemont Village. Other youth leaders have supported OAC to bring reusable take-out containers to East of Seymour.
With your ongoing donation of $50 a month, or $600 per year, you will cover the direct costs for one young person to participate in an Ocean Ambassadors leadership program. You would make it possible to provide this program to any young person that wishes to become an ocean ambassador, regardless of a family’s financial situation.